Moving Giant is completely fraudulent and should be shut down. Here is a summary of my experience:

I was moving from Boston to Los Angeles. I filled out an online moving quote form and received calls from at least 20 moving companies in one day looking for my business, all offering various quotes based on cubic feet I would take up on the truck. Lola from moving giant called me and we spoke at length. She was very sweet and professional and I went with moving giant based solely on her seeming professionalism. Huge mistake. The strategy of the company must be to lure you based on the guise of professionalism at the other end of the phone at the time of booking.

On the day of my move, two Russian men showed up at my doorstep in an enterprise rental van. I had been quoted $1800 for the move and an extra $75 dollars for an extra flight of stairs. This was based on a meticulous inventory I had filled out and painstakingly stuck to. When the men came in, they took one look around and let out a big sigh and said 'hey man I'm going to try to help you out here but this is going to cost at least $4500 based on my 'visual estimate'. Note that I had stuck to my inventory meticulously and was actually under what was on my list.

They then proceeded to literally HAGGLE me down for about an hour and a half, without lifting of moving anything. Then, when I finally managed to get them down price wise, they asked if I had a printer to print out 'the new' contract for me to sign before they started moving anything. No I don't have a printer!!! All my stuff is packed up!! They showed up with another contract assuming they would get me to agree to the crazy inflated price that was more than double!! So then they asked if my neighbors had a printer - or if there was a kinkos around. Because he didn't want to move the moving van, I ended up going to my office to print out the contract. With a break in the situation, I reflected on how poorly the entire experience had been and decided to ask the guys to leave when I got back to my house.

They begged me to keep their business, and put me on the phone with a 'manager' who would not give me her last name and gave me her email as 'sales@movinggiant.com'. Oh, and top it all off, despite the fact that Lola had insisted I could use a credit card, they only take CASH or Money Order - how sketchy!! Only a company with awful business practices wouldn't accept credit cards for such large purchases.

This is a company that can't be trusted. CANT BE TRUSTED. Don't be fooled.

JESSICA_STACKHOUSE86 wrote the review because of bad quality at Moving Giant. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Moving Giant to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Moving Giant and moving giant long distance moving service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments